This weekend is one of the busiest of the summer season with so much going on. IF you’re looking for ideas of what’s happening and where – here are just a few. More ideas can be found at Rewind1009.com !
The very funny (okay – wicked funny!) Kevin Meaney took a few minutes to call in to chat with us today (Friday, 8/16/13) as he prepares to perform at the Leavitt Movie Theater on Route One in Ogunquit Saturday evening (8/17) at 8pm. www.catcharisingstar.com
Hear our Kevin Convo here:
Hope you enjoy this great stretch of weather – and Thank You for listening to the New Rewind 100.9! — Chuck
* ** Maine State Music Theater – “Mary Poppins” Through 8/24 (extra matinees added for this weekend!) www.msmt.org
* ** Arundel Barn Playhouse – “All Shook Up” – through 8/17. www.arundelbarnplayhouse.com
* ** Ogunquit Playhouse – ”"Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” - Through August 31. www.ogunquitplayhouse.org
* The South Portland/Cape Elizabeth “Buy Local Festival” Saturday (8/17) from 10am to 4pm at Bug Light Park in South Portland, featuring food, music, fun and more!
* The Maine State Ballet presents “Don Quixote” at their Falmouth showcase theater on Route One. Friday & Saturday (8/15-16) at 7pm and Saturday (8/16) at 2pm. www.mainestateballet.org
* The Skowhegan Fair concludes Saturday (8/17). www.skowheganstatefair..com
* The Maine Highland Games celebrate Scottish heritage Saturday (8/17) at the Topsham Fairgrounds. www.mainehighlandgames.org
* “Elvis Finally Comes to Portland,” Saturday (8/17) at Merrill Auditorium, 730pm. www.porttix.com
* “Menopause: The Musical” Sunday (8/18) at 3pm. www.porttix.com
* The Pixel Fund, a non-profit animal rescue group, will hold TWO adoption events Saturday (8/17). At Tractor Supply Company, Route 302 in North Windham from 9am to 1pm and at Tractor Supply Company on Route One in Scarborough from 10am to 2pm.
* There’s a Fundraising car wash Saturday (8/17) at Embers Stoves & Fireplace 581 Main St, South Portland, from 9am to 1pm. Benefits HOBY.
* The Great Falls Balloon Festival is underway through Sunday (8/16-18) with balloon launches scheduled for 6am and 6pm. Details at www.greatfallsballoonfestival.org
* The annual Old Orchard Beach Olympics are underway through Sunday (8/16-18), all to benefit Maine Special Olympics.
* The town of Scarborough celebrates today (8/16) with Summerfest at the athletic complex at Scarborough High School, from 4pm to 10pm. Food, fun, a 5k road race & fireworks!
* The annual MS Regatta takes place on Portland Harbor beginning with Saturday’s ”Parade of Sail” starting near Mackworth Island at 10:45am, and the races get underway with first gun at 12:30pm